This one was served up at a 21st birthday party (yes, we still get the odd invite to young people things!) and it was pretty delicious so we tracked down the recipe and here it is!
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 200g sliced Red Cabbage
- 100g chopped Red bell pepper
- 100g chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups kale, removed from stems, washed, dried and chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews , chopped
- 1/2 small lime for the juice
Peanut Ginger Sauce:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (We leave this out)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Start by whipping up the sauce, just whip it all up together however you want, and set aside ready for the nom nom.
The salad is just as easy, just chop it all up the way you want and put together. The lime is a nice touch, gives it an extra zest, squeeze it over the salad before dressing and serving.