You HAVE to try this out, it makes a fantastic mayo substitute to slather on your favourite leafy green salad.
I personally like it with some chicken, avocado, anchovies and one or two poached eggs.
I usually chop up some pumpkin and roast it to cook it, but you could steam it or boil it just as easily. The moister it is the runnier the sauce will become.
Just throw everything into your Thermomix and blend it into a puree, and chill in the fridge before serving.
- 1 cup rice milk (230g)
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (100g)
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/6 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/6 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt