Hell yeah, this stuff is the BOMB. I don’t know why we don’t make it all year round!
- 2 cups cream
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water & 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup of your rum of choice
- I prefer Bacardi Oakheart.
- Put the 4 egg yolks and the sweeteners into the bowl, along with the butterfly, and beat for 40 seconds on speed 3
- Put the two cups of cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in, and beat for 20 seconds on speed 3
- Cook for 10 minutes at 70 degrees, speed 3. Best put the basket on top, it will splash a tiny bit.
- Keep the thermie spinning at speed 2, and pour the half water / half cream (1 cup of each) into the thermie to combine. Temp should come down to around 37 degrees now.
- Keep spinning and pour the one cup of rum in.
- Transfer to a jug and refrigerate overnight… enjoy!
In small bowl, beat egg yolks, erythritol and stevia until thick and pale yellow.
Mix heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in small saucepan; heat to boiling. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
Stir half of cream mixture into egg yolks; Do this slowly, just dribble the cream mixture in slowly, and then return egg mixture to remaining milk in saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; Let cool for a bit.
Stir in half heavy cream/water and rum.
Refrigerate until chilled, preferably overnight.
Now, what you can do is keep the egg whites, whip them to stiff peaks, and fold them into the mixture before serving. Or you can leave them out.