After finding a great indian grocer recently, we set about to cook something new, and this is what we found;
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cuminseeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp tandoori powder
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 cup water
Vegetables to boil;
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp peas
- 2 Onions
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 4 red chillies
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp sugar
- Put the vegetables to boil on to boil while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Put the red chilli powder, coriander powder, tumeric powder, tandoori powder in a small container in preparation for adding all at once later.
- Make the Paste; mash 2 tomatoes, then add the rest of the paste ingredients, mixing well to form a runny paste.
- Heat the oil in a pot, drop in the cumin seeds and wait till they start spitting;
- Add chopped onion, saute for a while until the onion gets a little colour to them
- Add the mix of spices you put together earlier and saute until the oil seperates
- Add garam masala and a cup of water, and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add all the vegetables (boiled and otherwise), and simmer the mixture allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the lemon juice and remove from the heat and it’s ready to serve.
Sprinkle a little chopped coriander leaves over the dish when you serve it. We served it on basmati rice. Everyone loved it.