Here’s a hearty meal the whole family is sure to love; I know I love it!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery trimmed & chopped finely
- 1 small brown onion chopped finely
- 1 small carrot chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2x 400g tins crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 800g canned cannellini beans rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat parsley
- Cook in pan celery, onion, carrot, chilli powder till combined then add the paste, tinned tomatoes,stock,sugar and beans.
- Put mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low till its cooked or to your taste.
- When serving sprinkle the parsely on top of the soup
Nutritional count per serving
- 12.9g total fat (3.9g saturated fat)
- 1112KJ (266cal)
- 17.8g Carbs
- 17.3g Protein
- 5.2g Fibre