- 450 grams of chopped carrots, chopped.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed.
- 3 ½ cups of vegetable stock.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped coriander.
- 6 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, crushed.
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- ¼ cup of chopped sultanas (optional).
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat the olive oil in large saucepan.
Add the chopped onion, garlic and carrots; cook gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in the crushed and ground coriander, then cook for one minute.
Add three quarters of the vegetable stock, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
Add the remaining vegetable stock.
Add the salt and pepper, and if your including them the chopped sultanas.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.