This stuff with a nice greek salad is a fantastic meal.
I’ve seen a wide variety of recipes for this, and the two main variations are; Using Brown Onion, Brown and Spring Onion or just Spring onion. I’ve always gone with spring onions only; Using Dill, Dill & Parsley, Parsley and I even saw one recipe include mint. I have gone here with just Dill, and I think I’ve made it with Dill & Parsley before. Any comments on these two points would be appreciated.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Spring Onions, chopped. (use the whole thing, the white bit is good!)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 cup dill leaves, chopped
- 500g Greek feta cheese, grated
- Ground Black Petter to taste
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
Defrost the spinach and combine all ingredients (not the pastry, duh!) together in a bowl until evenly mixed.
Put it into a baking dish, and back at 180 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- For those using their Thermomix to get the job done, this dish can be even easier;
- Start with 4-5 whole garlic cloves, into the TM speed 8 for about a second.
- Using Kitchen scissors, chop up the dill and spring onions fairly finely into the TM
- Drop in the olive oil and eggs and pepper
- Hit that lot at speed 4 for 3 seconds
- Squeeze all the water out of the spinach, and add that along with the feta cheese chopped into small cubes into the TM. Add them alternately, a bit of spinach, a bit of feta and so on
- Now you can mix it all up, Reverse, Speed 3 for 3 minutes
- Don’t mess this up, if you chop the feta super small it won’t be as nice an end product.
- Now just pour into baking dish and bake.