The wife decided we should try a vegetable slice, and here is the recipe I dug up, which comes to me courtesy of the Victorian Government.
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, steamed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Sauté all the vegetables in olive oil in a frypan over moderate heat, for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
Place contents of frypan in a large bowl. Toss flour through vegetables.
Line lamington tray or shallow baking dish with baking paper. Place mixture into tray. Stir the lightly beaten eggs through the mixture and spread out evenly.
Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until set. Loosen edges with knife. Cut into 20 squares